Tuesday, August 2, 2011

burda dress 101 from 2-2011 issue

I have been very busy over the last few months because my sister just got married and I was the maid of honor.  Therefore I have had very little time to get on the computer but I did manage to get a bit of sewing in.  I managed to find time to sew this dress.
and side.
I made the dress out of some kind of synthetic material and I somehow forgot to do an FBA so I ended up doing like 1/4" seam allowances in the bust area.  I also decided not to line the bodice like it calls for and I finished the neckline and arm holes with some bias tape.  I am glad that I finished the neckline that way because the neckline is very low and by finishing the neckline the way I did I gained 5/8" in the neckline.  I also did a lapped zipper in the side instead of an invisible zip like it called for.  
In the end I love how the dress turned out and I love how the skirt makes it look like I have hips.  The only downside is that the dress is extremely hot to wear since it is a synthetic material so I haven't been able to wear it nearly as often as I would like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment