Sunday, January 16, 2011

Orange shirt

I made an orange shirt using the JJ pattern on  I like how it turned out but I wish I could figure out how the sleeve slit thing was supposed to go together because I know mine did not turn out right.  They look all wonky to me and were confusing to even try to put together.  I think I will have to try this pattern again especially since my husband somehow spilled candle wax on the fabric after it was cut and I didn't know about it until I was ironing and it melted into the fabric.
You can see the melted candle wax on the front to the side in between the 2nd and 3rd buttons from the bottom.  
The fit seems to be good except that it is flaring out in front under the bust and I am not sure how I could fix that.
The fit from the back.  I know there are wrinkles in the small of my back so maybe I need a sway back alteration but I am not sure how I would go about doing that with this pattern.


  1. hi, love the colour on the shirt.

    I've just started following you. I also sew, check my blog out if you have time.


  2. Thank you lately orange is my favorite color if you couldn't tell from the background.

  3. Hi Amber, thanks for following my blog. I'll return the favour gladly. Always nice to discover new sewing-bloggers. I like the things you make and hope to see a lot more from you.